Autumn Statement 2017: Demystify the Budget with BPP
My name is Michael Steed and I am the Head of Tax for BPP Professional Development.
On 22nd November 2017, Philip Hammond will deliver his second Budget as Chancellor and at 13:00 hours GMT on 23rd November, BPP Professional Development will go live with its Demystifying the Budget webinar.
In this webinar, I will be presenting and discussing the main Budget announcements and musing on how they will affect our clients – you!
Not that we are fed up with tax…….The second Finance Bill in 2017 was the second longest on record and who knows what the third Finance Bill of 2017 will produce!
The doomsayers and pundits are already having a field day with predictions such as:
- A significant reduction in the VAT threshold, on the basis that it causes major economic distortion in the economy;
- An extension of the IR35 rules for contractor companies to the private sector;
- A further reduction in pension tax relief for individuals;
- More crackdowns on tax avoidance and tax havens;
- A possible reduction in Stamp Duty Land Tax for older homeowners to allow them to downsize and free up property for younger homeowners;
- More help for young house buyers – maybe a boost for the help-to-buy scheme and SDLT breaks
Who knows? But what I do know, is that I will look forward to your company and your questions and comment.
To join Michael for his expert take on the 2017 Budget, please click here to book your place on our free webinar.