BPP University’s five top tips for surviving A-Level results day
The day is almost here, after two years of dedication and effort, you must be feeling pretty scared right…well we are here to tell you not to panic, try not to worry and prepare yourself for all possible outcomes.
As many of the great influencers in British history have proven, success is often failure in disguise. BPP University would like to give you our top tips and advice to remaining calm on A-level results day!
- First of all, give yourself a pat on the back, well done! Whatever happens tomorrow you should be proud of yourself for completing the course and seeing it through! Your commitment and dedication is honorable.
- Don’t worry, try to remain calm, the hard part is over and now it is time to stay focused and make sure you stay positive. Ensure you get a good nights’ sleep ahead of tomorrow and talk to someone close to you if you have any worries about results day.
- Get the right support, if you are heading to school or college to collect your results make sure you take someone with you. This could be a family member or friend, (who isn’t waiting for their results). They will help you to stay calm and can provide support if things don’t go to plan.
- Have a logical back up plan, if you don’t get the results that you were hoping for remember to take a step back and remain calm. It is not the end of the world and there are several options for you to consider. You could think about entering into Clearing, taking a pathway programme, re-taking some A-levels and re-applying or heading down a professional route…whatever you choose we can help you with that decision.
- Research all of your options, make sure that you research your alternative university choices if you have to enter into Clearing, have a look at entry requirements, fees, student support and the course content to make sure that any alternative courses are the right choice for you.
Remember, “vitality shows in not only the ability to persist but the ability to start over.” F.Scott Fitzgerald
Best of luck for tomorrow!