Want to become ready for the real world?
Santander’s eight week traineeship programme is the perfect way to develop your employability skills and gain fantastic work experience. You could even secure an apprenticeship with them. No experience required!
The programme begins in Bradford on the 5th June 2017 and will last for 8 weeks.
The first three weeks of this Customer Service traineeship will consist of interactive workshops delivered by expert BPP tutors. Designed to help you to develop the skills required for the world of work, you will improve your Maths and English skills along the way.
You will then carry out three weeks of work experience with Santander in Bradford, giving you exposure to an exciting live working environment. This opportunity will allow you to put your workshop learning into practice and develop your skills.
At the end of your placement, you will complete a portfolio with evidence of everything you have learned – you can use this when applying for an apprenticeship or job. It will show your future employer how you have developed your skills over the programme.
Afterwards, you could even secure an apprenticeship with Santander with a very generous starting salary of £13,750!
If you are flexible and adaptable, positive and enthusiastic, an effective team worker and understand the importance of excellent customer service, this could be the opportunity for you!
So what are the benefits?
- The opportunity to progress onto an apprenticeship with one of the UK’s top employers!
- Undertake a work experience programme to evidence your commitment
- Gain the key employability skills that you will need in the future
- Receive a Certificate of Commitment and Completion from BPP University
- Undertake a further City and Guilds employability qualification
- You will receive £5 per working day to cover expenses.
What skills do I need?
- You need to be able to give evidence that you are a good team player
- You need you to bring passion and enthusiasm to everything you do
- You must be able to understand the importance of delivering excellent customer service
- Must achieve a Level 1 rate on diagnostic testing for Maths and English as a minimum (minimum GCSE ‘D’ or ‘E’ level)
- You will need to be a well organised person
- You will need great communication skills.
Am I eligible?
- Must not have achieved a full level 3 qualification or equivalent or above
- Must be unemployed at the start of the traineeship or
- work no more than 16 hours a week and earn less than:
- 16 times the National Minimum Wage each week, or
- £330 a month
- Must have little or no work experience and be focused on work or an apprenticeship or the prospect of this
- Must have been assessed as having the potential to be ready for employment or an apprenticeship within six months of starting a traineeship
- Cannot be undertaking either full time HE programmes or fully funded SFA / EFA programmes.
To apply for this traineeship, please apply online at GetMyFirstJob or email your CV to RebekkaSmith@bpp.com. Applications close on the 24th May and assessment centres will be held on the 25th and 26th May. The location of this traineeship is Bradford.
If you do not progress to an apprenticeship with Santander, BPP will provide you with quality information, advice and guidance to help you work towards your goals whether it be further education, an apprenticeship or full time employment.
For more information about BPP Professional Apprenticeships, please visit our website.