Interested in a traineeship with Santander?
Santander’s eight week traineeship programme is the perfect way to develop your employability skills and gain fantastic work experience. You could even secure an apprenticeship with them afterwards. No experience required!
A traineeship is a training programme with work experience that unlocks your great potential and prepares you for your future careers by helping you to become ‘work ready’.
Starting on the 27th April, you will spend the first three weeks in interactive workshops which will help you to develop the core skills required for the world of work. This includes key elements of employability such as:
- Interview techniques
- Personal finance
- Effective communication
- Personal development
- Conduct at work
- Getting into the mind-set needed in a business environment.
You will then carry out three weeks of work experience at one of Santander’s sites. This will give you exposure to an exciting live working environment and get involved in real life projects.
On completion of your traineeship, you will reflect on your learnings and critique your traineeship portfolio that you have compiled. This portfolio will allow you to demonstrate your learning and development to potential employers.
During the final week you will also have an interview with a Santander line manager, which could potentially secure you a position as a Retail Contact Center Apprentice.
So what are the benefits?
- The opportunity of progressing onto an Apprenticeship with one of the UK’s top employers
- Undertake an invaluable work experience programme to evidence your commitment
- Complete a portfolio during your traineeship so you can evidence your employability skills to your future manager
- Gain understanding and demonstrate the key employability skills that you will need in the future
- Evidence improvement in key business numeracy and communication skills to help your future employability
- You will be awarded a Certificate of Commitment and Completion from BPP University when you successfully complete the traineeship
- You will receive £5 per working day to cover expenses.
What skills do I need?
- You need to be able to give evidence that you are a good team player
- You need you to bring passion and enthusiasm to everything you do
- You must be able to understand the importance of delivering excellent customer service
- Must achieve a Level 1 rate on diagnostic testing for Maths and English as a minimum (minimum GCSE ‘D’ or ‘E’ level)
- You will need to be a well organised person
- You will need great communication skills.
Am I eligible?
- Must not have achieved a full level 3 qualification or equivalent or above
- Must be unemployed at the start of the traineeship or
- work no more than 16 hours a week and earn less than:
- 16 times the National Minimum Wage each week, or
- £330 a month
- Must have little or no work experience and be focused on work or an apprenticeship or the prospect of this
- Must have been assessed as having the potential to be ready for employment or an apprenticeship within six months of starting a traineeship
- Cannot be undertaking either full time HE programmes or fully funded SFA / EFA programmes.
What will I get out of this Traineeship?
Improved confidence and a positive mind-set, a quality CV, useful interview techniques, City and Guilds entry level 3 employability qualification, improve your business numeracy and communication skills, completion of a high quality 3 week work placement at Santander’s Retail Contact Centre (RCC) in Bootle, Liverpool and a formal written reference from Santander.
To apply for this traineeship, please apply online at GetMyFirstJob or email your CV to RebekkaSmith@bpp.com. Applications will close on the 9th April. The location of this traineeship is Bootle, Liverpool.
If you do not progress to an apprenticeship with Santander then BPP will provide you with quality information, advice and guidance to help you work towards your goals whether it be further education, an apprenticeship or full time employment.
For more information about BPP Professional Apprenticeships, please visit our website.